Twelve percent of all infertility cases are a result of a woman either weighing too little or too much. The main ingredient in the body weight and fertility mix: estrogen—a sex hormone produced in fat cells. If a woman has too much body fat, the body produces too much estrogen and begins to react as if it is on birth control, limiting her odds of getting pregnant. A woman with too little body fat can’t produce enough estrogen and her reproductive cycle begins to shut down. Both under and overweight women have irregular cycles in which ovulation does not occur or is inadequate.
- Who Are Genetic Counselors (GCs)?
- What Do Genetic Counselors (GCs) Do At A Fertility Clinic?
- Peso y fertilidad (Weight and fertility)
- ¿Las toxinas en el ambiente afectarán mi capacidad de tener hijos? (Will environmental toxins affect may ability to have a baby?)
- Why am I not responding to the drugs for ovarian stimulation?
- Weight and Fertility
- Am I ovulating? 我在排卵吗?
- Optimización de la fertilidad natural (Optimizing natural fertility)
- Quick Facts About Infertility
- Datos Sobre la Infertilidad
- Optimizing male fertility 优化男性生育能力
- Stress and infertility 压力与不孕不育
- Optimización de la fertilidad masculina (Optimizing male fertility)
- Preparing for In Vitro Fertilization (IVF): Lifestyle Factors - a patient education micro-video