Intrauterine insemination (IUI) is an office procedure in which prepared sperm cells are placed directly into a woman’s cervix or uterus to produce pregnancy, with or without ovarian stimulation to produce multiple oocytes.
What's New at ASRM
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) 宫腔内人工授精
- Infertility Treatments - a patient education video
- Inseminación intrauterina (IUI) (Intrauterine Insemination [IUI])
- ¿De qué debo preocuparme en un embarazo múltiple? (What do I need to worry about with multiple pregnancy?)
- The Difference Between IUI and IVF - a patient education micro-video
- Defining Infertility
- FAQs Related to COVID-19
- Q: Should I take steps to avoid pregnancy during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Q: Will postponing my care affect my ability to have a child?
- Q: I hear that elective medical procedures in my geographic area are supposed to stop; are IVF and other fertility treatments considered "elective"?
- Q: Can my clinic prevent me from getting infected by screening patients and staff?
- Q: Is there a risk that my cycle could be cancelled if I proceed with treatment now?
- Q: Are my frozen embryos, eggs, or sperm safe?
- Q: I have been diagnosed with cancer and chemotherapy is recommended. Can I still attempt to freeze my eggs (or sperm if male)?
- Q: If I get sick or test positive for COVID-19, when is it safe to become pregnant?
- Q: I’m pregnant. Is there a risk that a COVID-19 infection will affect my pregnancy outcome?
- Q: What is the risk that a COVID-19 infection will affect my unborn child?
- Q: This year has been very difficult to handle and I’m having a hard time. What resources are available to me?
- Q: What do we know about the COVID-19 Vaccine and Pregnancy?
- Q: Should I get the COVID19 vaccine?
- Q: Can I get COVID from the vaccine?
- Q: Will the vaccine affect my existing medical conditions?
- Q: I am nervous about the vaccine side effects.
- Q: Can I still transmit the virus to other people even when I am vaccinated and protected?
- Q: How safe is the COVID-19 vaccine? Should I get it if I am trying to conceive?
- Q: Can my Reproductive Endocrinologist require that I get the COVID-19 vaccine before I do fertility treatment?
- Q: There is a lot of misinformation on vaccines. Where can I find the truth?
- Q: Should I delay fertility treatment until I can get the COVID-19 vaccine?