Cryopreservation and Storage
Cryopreservation is freezing at a very low temperature, such as in liquid nitrogen
(-196oC) to keep embryos, eggs, or sperm viable.
What's New at ASRM
- Fertility and Sterility On Air - Unplugged: July 2022
- Colorado court balances religious and secular beliefs in frozen embryo divorce dispute
- SART Fertility Experts - Medically Indicated Fertility Preservation
- Fertility and Sterility On Air - Unplugged: October 2022
- Fertility and Sterility On Air– TOC: October 2022
- ASRM Today - Update #9 from the ASRM COVID-19 Task Force with Christos Coutifaris
- Fertility and Sterility On Air - TOC: January 2023
- More Than 73 Thousand Babies Born from Assisted Reproductive Technology Cycles Done in 2020
- Update #1 Released to the ASRM Patient Management and Clinical Recommendations During The Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
- Can I Freeze My Eggs to Use Later If I'm Not Sick?
- ¿Puedo congelar mis óvulos para usarlos más adelante si estoy saludable? (Can I freeze my eggs to use later if I'm not sick?)
- What are my options if I decide not to use my stored embryos?
- Female Cancers, Cryopreservation, and Fertility
- Male Cancer, Cryopreservation, and Fertility
- Female cancer, cryopreservation, and infertility 女性癌症、冷冻保存和生育能力
- Cancer masculino criopreservacion y fertilidad (Male cancer, cryopreservation, and fertility)
- Cancer feminino criopreservation y fertilidad (Female cancer, cryopreservation, and fertility)
- Start with SART
- Fresh and Frozen Embryo Transfers
- Donor Eggs Fresh Or Frozen?
- FAQs Related to COVID-19
- Q: Should I take steps to avoid pregnancy during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Q: Will postponing my care affect my ability to have a child?
- Q: I hear that elective medical procedures in my geographic area are supposed to stop; are IVF and other fertility treatments considered "elective"?
- Q: Can my clinic prevent me from getting infected by screening patients and staff?
- Q: Is there a risk that my cycle could be cancelled if I proceed with treatment now?
- Q: Are my frozen embryos, eggs, or sperm safe?
- Q: I have been diagnosed with cancer and chemotherapy is recommended. Can I still attempt to freeze my eggs (or sperm if male)?
- Q: If I get sick or test positive for COVID-19, when is it safe to become pregnant?
- Q: I’m pregnant. Is there a risk that a COVID-19 infection will affect my pregnancy outcome?
- Q: What is the risk that a COVID-19 infection will affect my unborn child?
- Q: This year has been very difficult to handle and I’m having a hard time. What resources are available to me?
- Q: What do we know about the COVID-19 Vaccine and Pregnancy?
- Q: Should I get the COVID19 vaccine?
- Q: Can I get COVID from the vaccine?
- Q: Will the vaccine affect my existing medical conditions?
- Q: I am nervous about the vaccine side effects.
- Q: Can I still transmit the virus to other people even when I am vaccinated and protected?
- Q: How safe is the COVID-19 vaccine? Should I get it if I am trying to conceive?
- Q: Can my Reproductive Endocrinologist require that I get the COVID-19 vaccine before I do fertility treatment?
- Disposition of unclaimed embryos: an Ethics Committee opinion (2021)
- Posthumous retrieval and use of gametes or embryos (2018)
- A review of best practices of rapid-cooling vitrification for oocytes and embryos: a committee opinion (2021)
- Ethics Webinar: Planned Oocyte Cryopreservation: Medical, Ethical and Social Considerations
- Ethical issues in oocyte banking for nonautologous use: an Ethics Committee opinion (2021)
- Fertility preservation and reproduction in patients facing gonadotoxic therapies: an Ethics Committee opinion (2018)
- Development of an emergency plan for in vitro fertilization programs: a committee opinion (2021)
- Planned oocyte cryopreservation for women seeking to preserve their future fertility: an Ethics Committee opinion (2018)
- Micro-presentation: Planned Oocyte Cryopreservation for Women Seeking to Preserve Future Reproductive Potential