Search for the Next ASRM Executive Director
Aug 01, 2021
Origin: ASRM Announcement
This is an opportunity for an Executive Director with servant leadership qualities to support the President and work collaboratively with the Board of Directors, the staff, and other constituencies to advance ASRM’s strategic vision, to facilitate relationships with key stakeholders and ensure the overall vibrance and relevancy of the organization.
ASRM is in the second year of a five-year strategic plan and has accomplished its first goal of defining the Mission, Vision and Value statement. ASRM’s strategic plan is built around five key areas:
- Increasing both domestic and international membership recruitment and engagement.
- Becoming recognized as the premier and trusted source for evidenced based unbiased information for patients regarding reproductive health and family building.
- Advocating for national and international polices that advance science, clinical practice, and expansion of access to reproductive care.
- Promoting and mentoring a diverse group of researchers that are focused on public health, clinical, translational, and basic reproductive sciences.
- Developing organizational sustainability by identifying diverse revenue streams, engaging in philanthropy, and investing in new technology that strengthens communication between the ASRM staff and members.
ASRM is governed by a Board of Directors (Officers, Directors at Large and Directors from Affiliated Societies). The Executive Director and executive team partner with the Board to execute the organization’s strategic plan and provide day-to-day operational support. With an operating budget of $12.5 million annually, the Society employs approximately 40 staff, with the administration/operational headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama, and the advocacy function at the headquarters in Washington DC.
The ideal candidate is a physician (MD/DO) with expertise in reproductive medicine and infertility, with executive-level leadership experience and competencies, credibility, and integrity to lead an innovative, complex organization in this dynamic healthcare, research, and political environment. The qualified candidate will possess at least 10 years of relevant executive leadership experience with strong organizational, business, technology, and financial acumen. A high degree of emotional intelligence and a commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion are required. The position will require substantial travel (greater than 50%) to conventions, meetings, and related events. Relocation to either Washington DC or Birmingham, Alabama is required.
For inquiries or to apply in confidence, please submit your detailed curriculum vitae and a two-page letter of intent by September 15, 2021 to Dr. Melissa Bacon at Melissa.Bacon@KornFerry.com