ASRM President, Dr. Hugh Taylor, and Former President, Dr. Richard Paulson, to Participate in IVF Add-Ons: Scientific, Ethical, Regulatory, and Legal Considerations
Nov 04, 2020
Origin: ASRM Announcement
Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 12:00 pm EST
Read more about this event here | Register for the event here
In-vitro fertilization (IVF) patients can now choose from a number of "add-ons" that are offered as supplements to the standard IVF paradigm. These procedures can add to the overall expense of IVF. Public and expert opinion is split on these costly procedures. While some argue that IVF add-ons improve patients' chances of a successful pregnancy, many argue otherwise.
Join experts in reproductive medicine for a discussion of the scientific, ethical, regulatory, and legal considerations of IVF add-ons, with a particular focus on the add-on procedure known as PGT-A, preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidy.
- Eli Y. Adashi, Professor of Medical Science and Former Dean of Medicine and Biological Sciences, Brown University
- Joyce Harper, Professor of Reproductive Science and Director of Education, Institute for Women’s Health, University College London; Head, Reproductive Science and Society Group; Founder, Global Women Connected and the Embryology and PGD Academy; Author, Your Fertile Years
- Richard J. Paulson, Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology; Alia Tutor Chair in Reproductive Endocrinology; Division Chief, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility; and Director, Fellowship Program, Keck School of Medicine of USC
- Kim Thornton, Reproductive Endocrinologist, Boston IVF; Assistant Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, Harvard Medical School
- Nathan Treff, Co-Founder, Chief Scientific Officer, and Clinical Laboratory Director, Genomic Prediction
- Norbert Gleicher, Medical Director and Chief Scientist, Center for Human Reproduction
- Hugh Taylor, Anita O'Keeffe Young Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences and Professor of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology and Chair of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale School of Medicine; Chief of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yale-New Haven Hospital