Does In Vitro Fertilization Work?
- IVF was introduced in the United States in 1981.
- Since 1985, when we began counting, through 2017
1,204,594 babieshave been born in the United States as a result of reported Assisted Reproductive Technology procedures (IVF, GIFT, ZIFT, and combination procedures).
- IVF currently accounts for more than
99%of ART procedures with GIFT, ZIFT and combination procedures making up the remainder.
- The average live delivery rate for IVF in 2015 was
31.8%per ART cycle--a little better than the 20% chance in any given month that a reproductively healthy couple has of achieving a pregnancy and carrying it to term.
- In 2002, approximately
ONEin every hundred babies born in the US was conceived using ART and that trend continues today.
- Find out more about Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART)